A LITTLE GARDENING AND A LITTLE STAMPING
AND A LITTLE BIT OF OTHER STUFF

Friday, February 10, 2012

Pinterest Project

 
 

Using scrapbook paper, I made this piece of artwork.  Needs a little twinking, but I am pretty darn happy with it.  It was made for a specific room so the colors are a little out there!

My husband picked up a 5-1/2" x 6' board for me and then cut the six squares.  I sanded all edges and then painted them a light gray color.  After they dried I found some scrapbook papers that kinda worked together.  This is perhaps the hardest thing for me - coming out of the box trying to blend papers.  The papers were then cut to size and glued to the wood squares using a little "thick and tacky" glue watered down with a tad of water.  You have to watch out for bubbles and make sure the edges stay down.  Keep checking while they dry.
Once they were all dry, I applied a little sepia colored stamp pad ink to all of the edges to give them an "old" look. 

I found a thin 1/4" board in the basement that I used for the background.  After cutting it to size I painted  the edges and a couple inches on the top before using wood glue attaching the squares to it.  Later I decided to sand the edges to rough them up a bit.  Last but not least I attached a picture hanger to the back.  The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment